Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2008

Influenza.....ugh!

I have influenza......yuck! I feel like I have been hit by a semi. I feel so incredibly yucky it isn't even funny. My Mother-in-law got the bug at the beginning of the month and didn't bother to tell me until I had been around her for a few hours that she had it. We had gone to see Ryan's grandpa in the nursing home and met up with Gwen while we were there. Unknowingly, we stayed for a few hours and visited with them and when we went to leave grandpa asked us to go down to dinner with him. So we did and while we were there the workers were talking about the B wing being on quarentine and the fact that hardly anyone was at dinner because of it. Stupid me asked why and they said that everyone had influenza. What!?! Don't you think you should post that on the door for people coming in? Then Gwen tells me that is what the doctor thinks she has......GREAT! I'm going to go disinfect my whole body now, thanks. Needless to say Ryan and I weren't happy when we left. I yelled at one of the workers about being rude for not posting a sign on the door and we left. Give me a break! Then around valentine's day my mom came down with it. She was nice enough to not come around me for about 6 days until it had run it's course on her. She didn't want me to get sick. Then last friday my husband got the bug, big time! It isn't the normal flu that we all think of, the out both ends type. It is more of a cold that hits your chest and nose and gives you a headache and body aches and makes you just feel so icky. I'm waiting for the doctor to call me back because I want to make sure my little buglet is ok. He hasn't been too active lately and I want to make sure everything is ok. I know I'm a worry wart, but I waited so long for him that I don't want anything to happen to him. I'm only 29 weeks, so he has to stay put for a little while longer. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will order an ultrasound today and I'll get to see him again. I love seeing him.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. I'll try not to pass on my virus to all of you.

3 comments:

The Milk Maid said...

Oh sweetie- I am soooo sorry you caught the flu! Try to rest as much as possible and get plenty of liquids. You are in my thoughts and prayers, as well as Buglet and Ryan!!! :)

twondra said...

Oh, girl I'm so sorry. I had it a couple weeks ago and I was sooo miserable, so I really feel for you. I'm thinking of you guys. Keep us posted.

Aimee said...

That really bites Amy!! I hope you are feeling much better now!! Please rest up and take care of you and your lil buglet.