I just hate it when the week starts off rough! On saturday I woke up with the worst bladder infection of my life. I would take labor any day over the pain I was feeling from this bladder infection! OMG it was horrendous! I had the pain, frequent and intense urgency to pee and blood. Yep, I had it all. I called the doc on call and he told me he would call something in for me that I could take while I'm breastfeeding......if I couldn't take it then I didn't want it. He agreed that it wouldn't be a problem and that I would feel relief by Sunday afternoon. Yeah, didn't happen! I was just as miserable on Sunday as I was on Saturday. I thought I'll just give it time and I'll feel better on Monday. Yeah, once again wrong! Monday I found myself in an all day meeting 2 hours from home. I bet you can guess what that was like........yeah, Amy kept leaving the meeting every, oh 1/2 hour or so to pee. I seriously thought about taking one of philip's diapers with me, but then thought better of it. On my way home I called the doc to see if there was anything they could do, I can't keep living like this. They squeezed me in for the last appointment of the day to give a sample. She told me I have one of the worst infections she has ever seen....I have heard this before, in fact almost a year ago. I usually don't feel them, so the fact I felt this one told me it was a doosie! Then she gave me the good news....."you can't breastfeed on the antibiotic I'm giving you." and looks at Philip in his carseat. I told her that wasn't going to work. He needs his milk jugs on a daily basis or he screams. She said I take the medicine or she was going to admit me to the hospital. So needless to say we are on our second day with no milk jugs. It has been wonderful....sense the sarcasm in that statement. He didn't want the bottle last night or this morning and both times cried like he was being beaten and broke down and took it looking at me like I was a terrible mom. I don't know how much longer I can do this! In my mind I'm already telling myself that I'll stop the pills friday morning then I can feed him Saturday afternoon. But that is a long time from now! I don't know that we will make it until then. I do have to say though that I feel wonderful. I thought for sure I had a kidney infection. My back was sore, I felt sick to my stomach and I had the chills. Today, no pain or blood or frequency. I'm a new woman I tell you!
Philip got weighed last week Wednesday, he was 20 weeks old and weighed 16 pounds 10.5 ounces and was 26 inches long. He is my lean mean machine. He rolls completely over, grabs his toes and sucks on them and giggles all the time. Last night we discovered that he is ticklish. If you tickle him by his chunky thighs he giggles and squeals in delight. It is so cool! Now tonight is the bad part......SHOTS! I sure hope he doesn't have a reaction to them. He is also eating sweet peas and sweet potatoes now with his cereal. When you put the spoon by his mouth he says "mmmmmmmmmm." He just loves his food! My baby is growing up!
April 2022
4 years ago




1 comment:
Wow. I hope you feel better soon! That's gotta be so hard.
Post a Comment