Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

IUI #9

Thought I would take a moment and document this journey so far. We met with our new doc for the first time in July. We decided that I was too far along in my cycle to try that month. We would wait for my period to come and then I would call and set up my appointment. I got the lovely witch on August 7. Let the obsessing begin! I was scheduled for my HSG on August 16. I went to the doc and had an u/s which showed I had a 17mm follicle on my left ovary. It is funny because my right ovary doesn't work unless it is super stimmed. On clomid, only my left ovary worked. The doc said it was probably just a fluke, but I thought it was weird. So we went ahead with the HSG and he told me that I my cycle would be a little goofed up this month. He predicted that I would O over the weekend, due to follicle size, and that we would have to wait until next cycle again. I told him straight out that I wasn't going to O until that Monday and that this cycle wasn't a bust for me. He laughed and said "Ok" and scheduled an appointment for me on Monday. I took OPK's all weekend and had started my surge on Friday. Saturday and Sunday produced no positive surge. So I was worried. But sure enough on Monday, there it was. The wonderful Smilie face. I was surging.

I went to the doc that morning proud of myself that I knew my body so well. He performed the u/s and said the follicle was huge and that we would go ahead with the IUI if I wanted. Didn't need to ask me twice, I was on board. He wouldn't tell me sperm counts, as he said they were fine and numbers wasn't something I needed to worry about. I was instructed to come back on Tuesday to see if I had infact O'd. That evening I was watching TV with Ryan and had a sharp pain on my left side. It lasted a few minutes and then went away. I knew I had just O'd. That was almost 5 hours after my IUI so hopefully the guys were all lined up and ready to go. I keep teasing Ryan that the guys are chasing their tails, and by the time they reach the egg they have forgotten what they are there for. I went back to the doc on Tuesday morning feeling absolutely sick to my stomach. What if I hadn't O'd? He had just started the u/s and I turned away, I couldn't look at the screen. He didn't say anything and finally I had to look over at the screen. There was no follie. I O'D! He said if this cycle doesn't take...which it will take....then same procedure next month just no HSG. I'm going to be med's free when I get preggers.

I haven't looked up my due date, which I do every cycle, because I have decided not to try and be obsessive. I noticed though that he had already calculated it on my chart. 05-20-2008 Our anniversary is May 22 and Ryan's dad was born on May 25. I have always wanted a little boy so that his dad would have a namesake. Ryan's dad died 9 years ago this christmas. When I saw what he had down for my EDD I had tears in my eyes. I hope that I'm not jinxing myself this cycle by laying this all out there. I sometimes feel like if I say too much out loud it won't come true. I know that life doesn't work that way, but it sure can feel like it.

1 comment:

twondra said...

This is twondra from the NW board. I just wanted to send you lots of baby dust! I hope this is your month! You guys sure have been through a lot!! (((HUGS)))