I have taken up temporary residence in wackyland. It's a place I don't visit very often, but when I do I don't enjoy my stay. I have noticed a common pattern associated with my visits....usually during the times I am in the dreaded TWOH. I wish that I could just let myself feel pregnant. But I can't, won't not sure which. I just know that I'm scared if I let myself feel that way I will end up in a world of hurt from the long fall. I have wanted and dreamed and hoped of being a mom for so long it doesn't seem like it could really be happening to me. Why now? Why not the other 8 times? Why not the times when i had 6+ eggs? This time there is only 1 egg. What makes this time so special? Why would our new doc be able to help me get pregnant after only 1 IUI? I could go on and on like this for days. I'm just tired of disappointing Ryan and my family everytime I don't get pregnant. I can see the hurt in Ryan's eyes when it doesn't take. I can also see the dollar signs fading from money we have pissed away. :) I just don't know why now I would be able to be pregnant. I have tried for so many months that I just feel like I'm not worthy. Heartache has been a part of my ttc life for so long I don't know any thing different. I'm scared to let myself become attached to the possability of being pregnant, when I know that if I'm not I will have to pick myself up again and try to put the pieces back together. How many times can a broken heart be healed?
3 comments:
I'll join you in wackyland! :) Seriously though, hon, I understand. The heartache is soooo hard....especially for you going through this month after month. You're so strong, though. And it doesn't matter how many eggies you've got, it's gonna happen when it's meant to be. I don't blame you for being scared or cautiously optimistic. Try (I know that's easier said than done) to enjoy this time believing you are pregnant and if you are, WOO-HOO!!!, and if you aren't, you had a week of being "pregnant" and a few days (or more) of pure torture. But to enjoy your "pregnancy" sounds so much more fun than going through pure torture for weeks rather than days. I realize I've babbled and babbled....I hope I made a little sense. Hang in there, hon. We're all here for ya!!!
Amy,
It will happen for you hon...:) When I got my BFP, I had no symptoms whatsoever...and I had myself convinced I was NOT pregnant...well low and behold...I was wrong...So keep your chin up girl....All the odds are WITH you....:)
XOXOX,
Jody
Sorry I been MIA for a while. Nick had some time off and today its back to work so Im going to try to get caught up this morning and tomorrow.
Post a Comment