Saturday I went to work in the morning while the boys hung out and played and napped until 2. At 2 they met me at the pool and went swimming with family. I feel bad as this was the first experience Philip had in the pool, and I work there for heaven's sake! Can I say that he just LOVED swimming in the pool. He even found a little girlfriend there. She was half his size and 8 months older! Wow my little guy is quite the bruizer! I'll post pics and a video later. While we were there my mom had her first "OH MY GOD" moment as a grandma! Ryan was in the water with Philip, which was about 6 inches deep, so he was able to sit in the water. I was standing, in the water, taking pictures of him playing with daddy. My mom was on the side of the pool and saying to me that the pool was slippery and that we should watch him. She know more than said those words and Philip started to slip. Here is what my mom said, really loud, as the events unfolded!
Mom: It's really slippery, you need to watch him. He hasn't sat on tile in the pool like this before.
Me: Ok, we are right here. I see he is a little uneasy. Ryan's in the water with him.
Philip goes to move a little bit
Mom: He's gonna....OH MY GOD HE'S UNDER THE WATER!
Ryan and I pick him up as another mom is there, bending over to scoop him up too.
Me: Oh, honey! Are you ok? (Daddy is hugging him and wiping off his face)
Mom: I need to go sit down.
Cracked me up! He was totally fine and went on to playing for a few more hours. Of course, since we are in Michigan, this is an inside pool and the water is 85 degrees. I must say though that the 85 degree water isn't like bath water. It does get cold after awhile and his lips quivered a couple of times. We wrapped towels around him and he was warm and ready to go back in a few minutes later. He had so much fun!
Sunday I went to work again and then met the boys at Ryan's moms for a yummy dinner. She left for Florida today and wanted to see the bug man one last time before she left for a few weeks. Ryan's mom watches Philip on Monday's and she is going to miss 3 Monday's in a row and is sad about that. She is retired though and should be able to go and have a little fun too.
I'll leave you with a picture of my little honey we took at Christmas....
I wouldn't let him play with my camera and needless to say he was pretty upset with me!




2 comments:
Amy, I'm trying to follow your blog...but there is not link that says follow..lol
LOL, I *love* that face! Too cute.
Post a Comment