Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oh, my February was a fun month!

First off, happy 9 month birthday to my little man. Boy has he grown up too fast. I can't believe that he is 9 months old already. I was just looking at videos of him when he was little... I don't even remember him being that little. How sad! We have been fighting off the flu at our house. It started with Philip. Ryan let me sleep in a couple of sunday's ago until 9:30. It was wonderful. I felt refreshed! I had to work that particular day and got in the shower after laying Philip down for his morning nap. Yes my friends, you heard right.... we have a little bit of a nap schedule now. Whew! Anywho, I was in the shower when I heard Ryan about busting the door down. I ran out of the shower, covered in soap and there are both my boys.... covered in oatmeal and pears. Philip is shaking because he doesn't know what just happened, and I'm sure that Ryan's initial reaction scared him. Ryan stripped down while I took Philip apart trying not to smear it all over him. Ryan hopped in the shower while I was tending to Philip, then I re-showered myself too. Can we say "GROSS!" That was the first time we have had actual stomach contents come up. I went to work, leaving my husband and sick little baby behind. Ryan called me about 4 hours into my 4.5 hour shift and said that Philip couldn't keep anything down... period. I called my mom, who went right over to help while I finished working. I finally got ahold of the doctor, whose answering service wasn't working... which equaled one stressed out momma on my part! He told me just to give Philip tiny amounts of liquid and not to worry about food. He didn't want to eat the next 4 days or so and finally was able to start holding down liquids and was drinking again. I felt so bad for the little guy. He had it coming out both ends, and didn't know what to make of it. It's pretty bad when your son is in another room of the house and you can hear him pooping.... and I don't mean the normal grunt. You could literally hear him pooping. Well last week Wednesday my dad, husband, sitter, sitter's daughter, mother-in-law and her friend all came down with the very same flu. I thought we had just fed something to Philip that didn't agree with him, but apparently not. The poor little man was giving everyone the kiss of death. My sitter is 20 weeks pregnant and I felt so bad that she got it. I guess her family all came down with it too though, so who knows where it came from. I'm so glad that March is here! Hope none of you end up with the nasty bug that was going around. Seems like everywhere I go people are talking about the same bug. Wonder where it all started from?

2 comments:

onemorebaby said...

Poor baby! It is the worst when your little one is sick, huh?! Hope everyone is happy and healthy now. : )

twondra said...

The poor thing! I hope everyone is feeling better now.