Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I can't believe it...my 1st Mother's Day as a mom. Wow, I never in my wildest dreams believed I would ever be here. We had quite the wild weekend. Friday night I spent working. Not something I had planned on, but helped out a friend in need who needed off to go to an event with her children. I wasn't going to work, but then thought to myself that I may need the same help someday too. Saturday my sister graduated from college. OH MY GOSH did she grow up way too fast. The day was a whirlwind of non-stop action. We had lots of fun though and I'm so happy for her in her next chapter of life. The day was filled with much drama and am glad that it is behind us. Let's just sum it up and say these key phrases.....sister's old boyfriend of 6 years and the new guy that likes her in the SAME PLACE. It wasn't pretty for a few moments, let me tell ya! Here are a few pictures of the day.





Here are my boys on Saturday





Here is my sister getting her diploma.

She is a double major in Accounting and Finance. Now she on the hunt for a job. Not the best time to graduate from college, but she is keeping a positive outlook on things. I know she will get a job in her field. She has such a go get'em outlook on things and that will help her to go far.

This morning was fun. We went to breakfast with Ryan's mom this morning and then my family came over this afternoon. We had tacos for dinner....not my choice! I wanted some steak, but I didn't get the final say.

My husband actually got me a card from Philip and a card from him. The card from him wasn't anything I would have picked out, but hey...beggers can't be choosers, huh. I sometimes wonder if he really does love me, or if he feels like he is stuck here now that we have Philip. I feel more like a burden most days then I feel like a wife. I know we are still feeling things out yet now that we are a family of 3, but I just don't feel like he feels the same about me anymore. He is such a good dad and puts Philip and his needs first. I love him for that.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Happy Mothers Day to you as well....I hope you had a beautiful day!

twondra said...

Happy Mother's day!

I'm so sorry about Ryan. That breaks my heart. :( I wish things were different for you. (((HUGS)))