Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Walking.....

Our little guy is officially walking these days. I can't believe it. He can't stand up from a sitting position, without pulling himself up on something....but we are getting there. I thought for sure he would walk long before now. Here is a crappy video I took, but you can see him marching away. I'll take a better one and post it soon!

I wish I could freeze time and keep him at this stage forever. With a few exceptions of course! He is into screaming, like a girl, at the top of his lungs. This is ok if he is at the house, or in the car.....but not when we are out to eat or at the store. He, though, seems to think it is. Tonight we were out to dinner and he was screaming like a girl. We were at a restaurant that caters more to the older generation and I didn't want them to make comments about him being "unruly." To be honest he was being unruly. From the very first scream I began telling him no. With each scream, my no's became more stern and matter of fact. After me telling him no, he decided he would stare straight at me and begin to dig me with his finger nails. Now Philip is not even 1 yet. Where did this come from? He is only with a 2 year old, and I don't know if that is where he learned it or not. My question now is....How do I stop this behavior? After about the 50th scream, I took him into the bathroom. Now before you chastise me...I didn't spank him. What I wanted to do was remove him from the situation and gain a fresh start. It worked for about 20 minutes and then it was back to the screams.

1 comment:

twondra said...

Can't believe how big he's getting!

Frustrating about the screaming. I wish I had some magical advice, but I don't. :(