Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A little of this and that.....

I'm sitting at my desk today feeling a little emotional. I'm filled with happiness at how good 2008 was to me and how 2009 will be even better as we enter a new year with our little buglet. Our little man has brought so much joy and happiness to us.....I never in my wildest dreams realized how much fun this would be. He is an absolute joy to be around. My bad days aren't so bad and my good days are even better. He is the light of my life and I can't imagine him not being here. Last night I got home from work and watched my husband and my son roll around on the floor laughing and giggling. The sight brought me to tears, and even just typing that makes me teary eyed, because that little boy is mine. He is ours......forever!

I am amazed at how fast he is doing things. He learns something new everyday. He started crawling on December 6, just shy of his 7 month birthday. He worked at it for awhile, and was very good at moving backwards. The forward motion took a little longer for him. To the amusement of my family, he actually started crawling for a cheerio coupon. I'm a big time coupon clipper from way back, so I guess it is only fitting. One week later he began moving around the house with great ease. He began getting into everything. Watching him look at something, studying it is a sight. He takes in everything.

On the 16th he pulled himself up for the first time. I was home with him that day, as he wasn't feeling good and didn't sleep most of the night. We put him on the floor and then barricade him with objects he can't crawl over. We have a long livingroom and he gets half of that plus his room to play in. I put him on the floor and went to make him his favorite breakfast, butter toast, and came back in to him on his knees. I sat down and watched him and was actually able to catch him pulling himself up with the digital camera. I was in shock! He had only been crawling for a little over a week now.....he shouldn't be pulling himself up. So I put him back down on the ground and watched as he did it again. Now, he doesn't sit still. He pulls himself up on everything, and while doing so, says "up!" It is the cutest thing. I just love watching him learn.

No comments: