He took his time and went through everything showing us where the placenta will be and what the yolk sac does and it's location and then he got to the good stuff....the baby. He showed Ryan where the baby is and told him the little blinking blurb was the heart. He tried to find the heartbeat and then told me to hold my breath, my breathing was interfearing. As soon as I held my breath you could hear the heart with the "whooshing" sound. Heartbeat was 110 and the most wonderful sound. We go back again for 1 more u/s on the 12th of October, which will be 9 weeks. I was on cloud nine when we left. I couldn't stop looking at the pictures. Doc said we have a 90% chance of bringing home a baby and if I was a gambling woman that's a bet I would take.
After we got through at the doctor's we went to Target. Ryan and I bought our first outfit. A little purple winnie the pooh outfit and a little blue and green pooh polo. We looked at cribs and bedding and all the fun stuff. After Target we went to Babies-R-Us....I could live at that store. I was really impressed with the prices they have on stuff. They aren't very expensive, and Ryan and I found way too many things we loved there. They don't have a store in our home town, but I'm sure that family would still go and buy us things.....especially the crib set we found. OMG it is way too cute! Here is a picture of the bedding.

Needless to say our heads are still spinning. We are going to tell Ryan's mom and stepdad tonight. Wish me luck. I don't think she is going to be very excited at all. At least my parents are. It really is a shame, but I'm not going to make her be a grandma. Either she is or she isn't.
Thanks for all of the well wishes. It is finally sinking in now that I'm going to be a mommy!




7 comments:
CONGRATS!!!! When I had my BFP, I went to babies r us and I picked out that exact same bedding!! But then I m/c...ugh. This one will be a BFP tho..
Woooooooohoooooooooo awesome news!!! Yeah that doc is something eh...hehe He told me the same thing....about patient recruitment haha Well now, after you have your baby...we should meet and a playdate one of these days!! :) I'm so happy for you guys that is awesome news and congratulations once again and I hope you have a wonderful journey in the next 9 months!!! BTW, your bean is so darn cute!! :)
XOXO,
Jody
Thanks for sharing the pics! I'm so happy for you guys! I sure hope Ryan's mom is okay with it all. Good luck! We're all so excited for ya girl!! :)
YAY- congrats again! I love Pooh- we used Classic Pooh for Ava. Siigh- I cant wait to see the next set of u/c pics! Wheee!~
Just wondering how it went telling your friend. I hope everything went okay. (((HUGS)))
That is great news! Hope the telling of Ryan's parents went ok.
Hannah's nursey has all that stuff but different crib. Great taste!!!
Post a Comment