Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 24, 2007

What a weekend!

Wow....we had a busy weekend. No rest for the weary. I'm do for a long winter's nap today though, let me tell ya. Friday started out great. I was feeling wonderful and forgot I was even preggers I was feeling so good. After school I went home and crashed on the couch. When I woke up I had a headache and had my sea legs kicking in. I hate those sea legs and will be so glad when they are gone in a few weeks. Hopefully they don't show up so much during the 2nd tri. Anywho, we met Ryan's mom and stepdad for dinner on Friday. We got there early, thank goodness and got a booth and were able to hide our present. We had a nice conversation all through dinner about family and what every has been up too. We haven't seen them since the end of July, so we had some catching up to do. During dinner this family came in with the cutest little boy sucking on his binky. I caught myself just in time from saying I hope our little buglet likes his/her thumb or binky. Thank goodness because we hadn't told them yet. After we were done eatting Ryan gave his mom a gift. Jim and Gwen took us up north for a weekend as a christmas gift. Jim has 4 children and Gwen has 2 boys. Only Jim's 3 sons were able to make it up and both of Gwen's boys. We used this as the time to give them a thank you card. Kinda sneaky....I know. She read the card and then gave it to Jim and started to feel the gift we had given them. I told her you are never going to guess what it is. She said, oh wow it feels like a trivet. Nope. We gave her a frame that said baby with the u/s picture in it. Here is a pic of it:


The little gold circles spell our baby. She looked at it and then read it said baby and was like....no way! I'm going to be a grandma. My prayers have finally been answered. Ryan and I were shocked. We weren't sure how she would react. We didn't know. After dinner we went back to their condo and everybody celebrated, except me. Just water on the rocks for me please! We ended up staying until 11:30 that night. I was so tired, I could barely keep my eyes open anymore. As we were getting ready to leave I gave Jim a hug and said...see ya later Grandpa. He got a little choked up and said, I am huh! I can't imagine having my children call him anything different. Ryan's dad passed away in 1998, and we miss him terribly. It hurts that our baby won't get to meet his Grandpa Phil, but he will know his grandpa phil and I know that Phil will be with our baby in spirit. Jim is going to be a wonderful grandpa to our baby. None of his children have kiddos of their own yet.

We didn't realize just how excited Gwen really was until Saturday morning. She had gone to a garage sale and they had a nice changing table for sale. She called and asked if we were interested, and I said of course. She bought it and brought it over and the cats just love it. The pad needs to be replaced on it and it needs a little touch up of paint, but other than that it is just fine for our baby. Gwen doesn't do many things for us. It isn't who she is. That doesn't make her a bad person, just makes her Gwen. I wasn't about to turn down any offer from her. Here is a picture of Karbyn chilling on his new bed:



Thank goodness we aren't keeping the pad, he has put his back claws through it already. I wasn't going to be picky about the changing table. You really don't use it that long anyways. It really is cute. I will post more about Sunday in tomorrow's blog. I'm not kidding when I said we had a busy weekend!

2 comments:

twondra said...

I love the picture frame! That's such a neat way to tell them! And I love the picture of the cat! That's too cute! I hope you start feeling better soon! I bet you can't wait for the second trimester!

Jody said...

Amy,
I'm so glad that your in laws are happy about tbe baby...Doesn't that feel so good that you told them...and your pic was too cool :) 'cept your gonna have to replace it with the new one soon hehe..:) I also noticed you mentioned "he" when you talk about your baby...does that mean you have a feeling it's a boy????? Congrats again...I'm very happy for you guys!!
XOXOX,
Jody